With ServiceLink’s online closing process, you will complete your entire closing from the comfort of your own home – without an in-person closing event and dozens of physical signatures! During the closing event, you will electronically sign your loan documents while in a video conference with a notary. The entire process takes 30 minutes or less. Prepare for a shorter, less stressful closing with ServiceLink.
You are eligible for online closing if the following are true:
- You are a U.S. Citizen
- You have a valid social security number
- You have a valid driver’s license
- Note: Passports cannot be verified and do not meet the state requirements
In order to use the online closing platform, the following is required:
- Desktop or laptop computer with an integrated/compatible web camera and microphone
- Smartphone or tablet with the Nexysys Clear Sign app downloaded
- Google Chrome is required. You’ll need to give the browser permission to access the camera and microphone.
- High-speed internet
WiFi Speed Test
Test your internet speed through a source like speedtest.net, fast.com or highspeedinternet.com. Internet connections should have a minimum of 15 Mbps download speed and 5Mbps upload speed. You may need to stop any additional streaming to get your speed to our requirements.
If you do not meet any of the above requirements or prefer to proceed with a traditional in-person closing, please contact the ServiceLink closing team at VirtualClose@svclnk.com.
Preparing for Your Closing
Download Nexsys Clear Sign on your smartphone or tablet
During the closing, you’ll need at least two devices – your laptop or desktop computer that you’ll use for your online closing session and an additional smartphone or tablet with the app Nexsys Clear Sign installed. Nexsys Clear Sign is used to verify your ID. The app is secure and allows your license to be validated without physically storing it – for increased security. You can download the app from Google Play or Apple Store.
Your Online Closing
- Have your driver’s license and additional smartphone or tablet handy for your online closing session.
- Shortly before you begin, you’ll receive an email with the online closing link from EXOS. Click the link and then “check in” to your session.
The RON process is divided into 5 parts
1. Audio/Video check
2. ID validation
3. Signature creation
You’ll need to turn your web/device camera and microphone on and check that they are working. Again, you must give your browser permission to access your camera and microphone.
- Using the Nexsys Clear Sign app for your smartphone or tablet, scan the QR code generated on the ID Verification screen in your browser. Then, you’ll capture the front and back of your license.
- Next, you’ll have 2 minutes to answer 5 questions to verify your identity.
You’ll create the electronic signature that you’ll use to sign your closing package. Your signature should match the name on your closing documents exactly
Then, you’ll join for online closing session by clicking your name icon. In this video session, you’ll eSign your closing package in the virtual presence of a signing agent and any other participants required. The signing agent will display each of the documents for your review and eSigning. The signing agent will eNotarize each document in real time. Once your signing is complete, Nexsys will bundle all of your eSigned documents together to finish the session.
At this point, you can download and print a copy of your closing for your records.
Please email VirtualClose@svclnk.com